Dr R. Paul Bosse, DVM
Dr. Bosse has over 25 years of experience, having spent five years as an associate veterinarian in very busy small animal practices in Atlanta and Lexington before acquiring Commonwealth Animal Hospital. His areas of expertise include management of the practice and his ability to perform complicated surgical procedures. Dr. Bosse performs many orthopedic procedures including cruciate ligament repair and patellar luxation repair, fracture plating and external fixation, femoral head osteotomies, bulla osteotomies and also is certified to provide PennHIP radiographs.
– Owner of Commonwealth Animal Hospital since 1994
– Graduated University of Kentucky in 1984 – BS in Animal Science
– Graduated Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine – 1989
– Recipient American College of Veterinary Surgeons “Academic & Clinical Proficiency in Surgery” Award – 1989
– Practicing Veterinary Medicine since 1989
– Member: American Veterinary Medical Association
– Member: Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
– Member: Central Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
– Former Member of Kentucky Board of Veterinary Examiners
– Penn-Hip Certified (University of Pennsylvania method of evaluating the integrity of the canine hip and hip dysplasia)
Dr. Shannon Blair, DVM
Dr. Blair joined our team in December 2017. She graduated from Tuskegee University Veterinary Medical School in 2005. She enjoys internal medicine and plans to get certified in acupuncture this year! She loves her family her and her husband have two little boys, Judah & Abram. She also likes to exercise and read. She has two sweet, mixed breed fur babies, Sam & Diesel, that she loves.